Knowing Our True Nature

Our True Nature:

our true nature is peaceful and happyOur true nature is peaceful and happy. When we resist our own nature we fall prey to anger, illness, depression and so on. I am writing this at a time that has me experiencing sadness and not sure what else but what I do know is that I am not feeling like myself.

This is a reminder, a call to my attention that I have over extended. I have gone beyond what constitutes balance for me pushing past my own nature. There are times in our lives when the circumstances life presents has us going beyond, over extending ourselves. The moment we recognize this we must be responsible, step back and regain our balance. This is a choice and a good one at that.

I am being given the opportunity to purify through my tears, revitalize through the choices I make at this time and be patient with myself until I regain balance. I must be patient with the circumstances at hand until this passage through the underworld is complete. This is a time to contemplate and with all that I know to be true, I embrace thoughts that will take me where I want to go. My desired destination: alignment with my own true nature and Source.

The Way of Love:

empower yourself with loveWe can no longer entertain thoughts of a negative demoralizing manner. That is not the way of love. I am already beginning to feel lighter. I know it is because I am taking responsibility for pushing too hard. I understand there was a family need and I am meeting the task at hand but in order for me to really do a good job from beginning to end I must regain my balance. That is what I am doing now.

Not a Good Choice:

Another choice could have been to continue pushing, telling myself I have no choice and then growing resentful and angry possibly even blaming the one I am helping. Clearly that choice has little to no love in it and the help I would be offering would be tainted with such negativity as to make the one I am helping feel bad. If that were the choice I made I would be falling even further away from my own true nature. To say I have no choice is a lie. Like I mentioned earlier, when we resist our own nature we fall prey to anger, illness, depression and so on. The truth is I do have a choice. We all have a choice in everything we do or do not do in our lives. We are being called to make good choices and that includes the times when we are greatly challenged.

The Truth of the Matter:

I remind myself that I am doing the best I can. At this moment of feeling my honest feelings no one else is suffering because of me and where I am at this moment. The time has come for all of us to practice what we know to be true. If we have gotten caught up in life to the point of being separate from our own nature then we have the responsibility of stepping back, taking stock of how we are spending our time, how we are caring for our body and so on. No one else is responsible for that. We are. And no one else should suffer because of it.

Certainly we can ask for assistance if we need it but when we find ourselves depleted and distant from our own nature there are several good choices we can make on our own exercising self-reliance. I chose meditation then journal writing which lead me to do some spontaneous yoga while listening to uplifting spiritual music. That in turn led me here to write to you.

prayer and meditationGrace comes to aid us when we ask for her. Our guides, Ascended Masters and Angels come to aid us when we ask. God hears our prayers. We can ask for strength, clarity, peace or whatever we seem to feel we need at the moment. When I am having a challenging day like today I call for help from above. I feel their loving presence. I am always guided to treat those around me with love and respect. Sometimes, like today, that means I have to say, “ I need some time alone right now. I will join you when I feel more balanced.”

This is my life. I am responsible for all of it and even though I find myself off balance, crying tears of release I say:

I Am Strength, I Am regaining balance and coming ever closer to my true nature. I Am the balancing breath. I Am love.

Now feel your own I Am Presence.

May the love that you are shine bright in good times and challenging times so you can see what constitutes a good choice with the power to make that decision.

May you recognize immediately when you have pushed to hard, gone beyond your true nature and give yourself the gift of self love to course correct and remember who you are.

We are love.

love, Astara

P.S. I wrote this a few day ago ~ today I publish it.  I want you to know that as the day went on I grew lighter still. Magical things came into view and resolved most of the challenges at hand. When you are feeling down don’t allow your thoughts and choices to go down with you. Feel what needs to be felt. Tap the strength and courage within you to direct the flow of energy in motion. (emotion) You are creating the life you are living with your thoughts and feelings. Direct your thoughts knowing you are creating. Liberate your feelings so they may expand and align with the vibration of love. Life is wonderful. Life is what we make it.  :)

8 Comments to “Knowing Our True Nature”

1. By Patti, July 11, 2012 @ 10:17 pm

Sending you good thoughts. Come see me soon, we need to experiment, come be my guinea pig. Love, Patti

• By Astara Summers, July 12, 2012 @ 12:55 pm

a wonderful Patti facial sounds delightful thank you ! :)

2. By Gretchen, July 12, 2012 @ 9:53 am

This is so beautiful and inspiring to me during a time when I am feeling overwhelmed. Thank you so much.
    With love and gratitude, Gretchen

• By Astara Summers, July 12, 2012 @ 12:55 pm

You are welcome Gretchen Much love to you :)

3. By Jim Fedor, July 13, 2012 @ 1:44 am

I am so glad to hear a personal voice in this message: one that feels deeply, can be touched by others, and can shed tears. There are many voices out on the internet that sound beyond human, unattainable, totally stainless and untouchable. How can I possibly relate to a voice so unlike my own?

But your message today fills me with hope and inspires me to further commit myself to not give up the difficult work of living consciously and with mastery. A heartache at a time.

Thank you for showing me your human side.

Sincerely, Jim

• By Astara Summers, July 14, 2012 @ 1:42 pm

thank you Jim for your heart felt comment.

Your message has inspired me too. :) We are all growing and sometimes that comes with growing pains. The choices we make during these difficult times will change our life. That is why I will always encourage myself and everyone I can to make good choices. The pain will transcend and a new dawn will appear. Let the new day bring what we truly desire. love Astara

4. By Julie Feeney, August 28, 2012 @ 8:11 pm

Astra, thank you for sharing your heart and being transparent. Yesterday I lost a restraining order for my 10 yr old daughter against her father who sexually assaulted her. Her brother, my five year old son, was ordered to begin regular visits again with his father, which is where he is this moment. My daughter has been forensically interviewed twice by the sheriff detectives, been to court to testify and scared by her father (we don’t live in the same home with her father). She is sad, as I am that she and her little brother have been split up because of the terrible, selfish act of her dad and the injustices of our court system. The burden of family court has been on my shoulders for the last three years. My heart and my heart hurts, I’m exhausted, but I too have felt like I didn’t have a choice but to fight for my kids through the court system. I feel that because of who I am I can’t allow myself to do anything different. I can rest now and start to regain a balance of health and peace but I still don’t see how I could have avoided this monstrous confrontation with the truth. Sometimes we are called or put to a test by God to see if we will continue to trust and call on Him and praise Him for His will in our lives. This morning I was crying my eyes out and I went outside with my head in my hands crying out for God to help bring me out of this dark place I felt inside. God sent 30 little Bushtit Birds to fly around my head. (this is the same kind of wild bird that my kids and I rescued and raised together, we were sure God sent him to us) This made me laugh through my tears. And it taught me to turn towards the little joys, the small miracles that God puts in our lives daily. Thank you for sharing your sadness this morning it helped validate mine and to recognize how to move through it. Julie

• By Astara Summers, August 29, 2012 @ 3:00 pm

Dear Julie, I am so very touched by your letter and your sharing. I am sorry you and your children have had to experience this. You did make a choice to do what you believed was the right thing to do. That is the best we can do, consciously choose and do what we believe is right. Mothers will fight for the safety and well being of their children, It is in our nature to protect them.

I am lifted by the knowledge that you called on God and you recognized His response to you. You are beautiful, brave, strong, and true. I can feel that. The rewards we see for following our truth may not come in the way we hope for them to come or in our sense of good time but they do come in Divine time and so it shall be for you and your children. There is a balance of energy that takes place~ it always does. Nurture yourself back to wellness. Focus on the small miracles and little joys just like you said. That is the key that unlocks the door to our natural state of happiness. Always call in the light to illuminate your path. Be very mindful of what you say about the ex to friends and family~ less is best. If you need to vent do so in your journal. Hold a vision of your son being safe during his regular visits with his dad as well as the healing of your daughter so she does not grow up to mistrust or fear men. Remind yourself daily to believe in miracles. Miracles happen. As strange as this may sound to you today praying for the healing of your ex-husband would be healing for you in ways you might not imagine now. Forgiveness holds the key to the expansion of love.
      love Astara